Student Exchange Program
Realising that international experience with foreign Law Schools has become exceedingly important for law students, the Law School has made efforts to create such opportunities for the students by entering into MoU with selected Law Schools and Universities abroad. Apart from the MoUs, the NLSIU has been sending the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) students to various Law Schools in the USA , UK and Germany as Exchange Students depending upon the opportunities available from such Universities.
Candidates from the fourth and final years of B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) as well as LL.M. candidates are eligible to apply for the Exchange Programme for recommendation by the NLSIU. Interested candidates may submit their application or letter of intent to the Chairperson, Under-Graduate Council. A Student Exchange Committee, consisting of the Chairperson of the Under-Graduate Council and Chairman of the Post-graduate Council will select the candidates for the Exchange Programmes abroad and make necessary recommendations to the Vice-Chancellor. On approval by the Vice-Chancellor, the successful candidates shall be placed with the foreign Law Schools / Universities to which they may be assigned.
In making the recommendation, the Student Exchange Committee would consider the academic performance of the applicants. Disciplinary proceedings or warnings, if any, will be noted negatively.
The same Committee would also look after the foreign students coming to NLSIU from various Universities under the Exchange Program.
Candidates applying for the Exchange Programme need not pay any tuition fees at the designated foreign Law School / University. However, they have to undertake the full responsibility for the cost of their international travel, boarding, lodging, medical insurance and other expenses. Some of the foreign Universities may also extend boarding and lodging facilities at a concessional price. Candidates should seek all the necessary information before the Exchange Programme is undertaken.
The Law School offers opportunity for foreign students to study the international developments of law and policies in the Indian context. They will be able to examine the impact of international policies from a developing country's perspective. The students can choose from amongst the 60 courses being taught at the Law School . Regarding optional seminar courses, the list of courses offered for each Trimester will be available at the end of the previous Trimester. As far as possible the choices of the foreign students will be accommodated. If space is not available on campus, the University will help to the maximum extent possible to find accommodation near the Campus for such exchange students coming from abroad.For information about the course and any other details, contact Dr. V.S. Elizabeth, Student Exchange Programme Coordinator at
Bangalore is the capital city of Karnataka State in South India having a balanced climate throughout the year and is well connected with almost every city / town in India . It is a cosmopolitan city with a representation of the various peoples and cultures of the entire subcontinent.
Application for Exchange Students
At present, the NLSIU has the Student Exchange Programmes with the following Universities:
1. OSGOODE HALL LAW SCHOOL, YORK UNIVERSITY, CANADA
2. BUCERIUS LAW SCHOOL, Germany
3. FREIBURG UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, GERMANY
4. GEORGE TOWN UNIVERSITY LAW CENTER
5. UNIVERSITY OF COLOGNE, GERMANY
6. UNIVERSITY OF ZURICH, switzerland
7. Universtity of Technology , Sydney , Australia
8. University of Oklahoma , USA
9. SECOND UNIVERSITY OF NAPLES, ITALY
10. SINGAPORE MANAGEMENT UNIVERSITY, Singapore
11. PARIS - DAUPHINE UNIVERSITY, Paris, France
12. NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Singapore
13. MASTRICHT UNIVERSITY, NETHERLANDS
14. The KTH Royal Institure Technology , Sweden
15. INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE, TURIN, Italy
16. Duke University Schol of Law , USA
17. LEWIS & CLARK LAW SCHOOL, USA
18. UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN LAW SCHOOL, USA
19. Redzyner Schol of Law , Israel
20. UNIVERSITY OF NAVARRA SCHOOL OF LAW, SPAIN
21. COLLEGE OF LAW OF NATIONAL TAIWAN UNIVERSITY, Taipei, Taiwan
22. Daekin University , Australia
23. UC Davis University of Law , California, USA
24. Sciences Po, Paris, France
25. Ghent University , Belgium
26. University of Cape Town, South Africa
27. Tulsa University , Oklahoma , USA
28. Florida a&m University , orlando, florida , usa
29. ASSAM UNIVERSITY, SILCHAR, Assam
30. NARAYANDAS SARWOTTAMDAS SOTI LAW COLLEGE, SANGLI, Maharashra
in addition NLSIU has MoUs with the Legal Vice Presidency of the World Bank and Allen & Overy , London, UK for the benefit of students getting practical exposures to law in action.