NLSIU Alumni Association
E-Symposium on ‘Future of NLSIU’
What are the elements that come together to make an institution excel? Where does NLSIU need to develop further? NLSIU Alumni Association is organising a first of its kind e-Symposium to discuss various aspects of legal education and the future of the University.
When is it happening?
June 27, 2020 at 5 pm. To register, click here: https://bit.ly/2BDCwgN
The Symposium will bring together a world class panel of academicians, lawyers and entrepreneurs to deliberate on the future of NLSIU. The institute was recently ranked No.1 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), retaining its top spot for three consecutive years.
Beyond the rankings:
Despite the consistent top rankings, there still lies a long journey ahead for the University, said members of the Alumni Association. The Symposium will serve as a platform for all stakeholders including the alumni to brainstorm on NLSIU’s future – not only as India’s premier institute for legal education, but also to enhance its role in the society.
To facilitate this discussion, the Association has convened three panels to discuss ‘infrastructure and investment’, ‘diversity and inclusion’, and ‘the role of technology in the future of legal education’ respectively.
The primary aim of the Symposium is to start a dialogue and identify actions to enhance the institution’s capacity to provide the highest quality of legal education. “It is our hope that the conversation here will be carried forward to shape a brighter future for NLSIU,” said an office bearer of the Association.
Panel of Speakers:
Keynote speaker: Prof (Dr) Sudhir Krishnaswamy, Vice Chancellor, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
First panel –
- Prabhuling E. Navadgi, Advocate General of Karnataka
- Prof. (Dr.) Sarasu E. Thomas, Registrar of the National Law School of India University
- Prof. (Dr.) Umakanth Varottil, NLS alum and Associate Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore
Second panel –
- Amba Salelkar, advocate and Bridge Regional Fellow at the International Disability Alliance
- Prof. (Dr.) Sumit Baudh, Associate Professor and Executive Director of the Centre on Public Law and Jurisprudence at O.P. Jindal Global University
- Swati Agrawal, Director (Operations) at IDIA Charitable Trust
- Vivek Divan, who was part of the core team that devised and litigated the Naz Foundation PIL
Third panel –
- Ashok Kamath, Managing Trustee and Chairman of the Akshara Foundation
- Poojitha Rao, Associate General Counsel of The New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Pramod Rao, Group General Counsel of ICICI Bank
- Rahul Matthan, a founding partner of the law firm Trilegal.
For more details, the organising committee can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.