Doctor of Philosophy in Political Science (2009) University of Madras
Master of Philosophy in International Organization (2006) Jawaharlal Nehru University
Master of Arts in Political Science (2003) University of Madras securing 1st Rank
Bachelor of Arts (2001) Bangalore University
UGC- JRF/SRF/NET (2004) in Political Science
UGC- JRF/NET (2009) in Human Rights and Duties
“Fellowship for Young Research Scholars” (2006) by CENTAD (An Oxfam GB Initiative, London)
Selected Publications and Activities:
Published 1 Book with 25 articles in peer reviewed journals, conference proceedings and chapters in edited books.
- D.S.Makkalanban, “World Trade Organization: A Quest for Full & Effective Participation of Developing Countries in Decision Making (1995-2005)” (Mauritius: Lambert Academic Publishing, 2018), ISBN: 978-613-8-33190-2
- D. S. Makkalanban, “The Political Economy of Demonitization: The Challenges and Prospects for Informal Economy with Special Reference to Agriculture” in Sigamani Panneer and Others, (ed.) Health, Safety and Well-Being of Workers in the Informal Sector in India (Singapore: Springer, 2019), pp. 35-48, ISBN: 978-981-13-8420-2.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2019) “Political Exclusion of Tribes in India: An Evaluation,” Interlink Research Analysis, Jan 2019 to June 2019, Year VIII, Issue. XIX, Vol. I, pp. 48-52, (ISSN: 0976 -0377), IF Value: 3.42.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2017), “Regional Political Parties in Indian Politics: Their Role and Implications for Indian Democracy”, The Indian Journal of Political Science, Special Issue, Vol. LXXVIII, No.4, October- December, pp.538- 541. (ISSN No: 0019-5510).
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2018) “UDHR and State Obligations: An Insight,” Indo Western Researchers, August 2017 to January 2018, Year V, Issue. IX, Vol. VII, pp. 1-5, (ISSN: 2349 -1027), IF Value: 3.47.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2017) “Criminalization of Politics in Parliament: The Indian Scenario,” Printing Area International Interdisciplinary Research Journal, December, Special Issue, Vol. 1, pp. 12-14, (ISSN: 2394 -5303), IF Value: 4.002.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2017) “Governor in Indian Constitution: A Critical Discourse on Legal and Political Dimensions,” Shanlax International Journal of Arts, Science and Humanities, November, Special Issue 1, Vol. 5, pp. 16-20, (ISSN: 2321- 788X), IF Value: 2.114.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2016) “Towards Democratization of World Trade Organization: A Theoretical Discourse,” IRA-International Journal of Management & Social Sciences, April, Vol.3 (1), pp.110-118, (ISSN: 2455-2267), IF Value: 3.554. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.21013/jmss.v3.n1.p8.
- D.S.Makkalanban, (2015), “Coalition in Indian Political Process: A Critical Analysis”, The Indian Journal of Political Science, Special Issue, Vol. LXXVI, No.3, July- September, pp.397- 401. (ISSN No: 0019-5510).
Research Interest and other Activities:
Political Philosophy, International Political Economy, Election Studies and International Relations. Editorial board member for 4 international peer reviewed journals and 1 national peer reviewed journal. He is a life member of Indian Political Science Association (IPSA) and Indian Society of Criminology (ISC).
Courses and Seminars Taught:
Political Theory (Course)
Political Obligation (Course)
Political Process in India (Seminar)