5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- LL.M., Columbia Law School – May 2015
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), National Law School of India University – August 2010
- Advocate, India (2010 – Present)
- Non-Practising Solicitor, England and Wales (2012 – Present)
- Principal, AnchayilKumar, Delhi (November 2017 – Present)
Ashutosh handles a range of civil, criminal and regulatory disputes before the Supreme Court of India, the High Court of Delhi, the District Courts, the National Company Law Tribunal/Appellate Tribunal, the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission, other statutory tribunals, arbitral tribunals, etc. He also assists companies and businesses in relation to contract drafting and negotiation and general legal advice.
Some of the prominent issues handled by Ashutosh include:
▪ Legal advice in relation to disputes arising under a design and construction contract governed by the FIDIC Yellow Book 1999 – advising a government infrastructure development company in relation to disputes against its contractor
▪ Commercial suit before the High Court of Delhi – representing an agent seeking rendition of accounts from the principal in relation to an agency contract pertaining to the supply of metallurgical coal
▪ Ad-hoc arbitration proceedings before a sole arbitrator – represented Oil India Ltd. in a contract dispute relating to drilling operations against one of its service providers
▪ Petition under section 34 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 before the High Court of Delhi – representing a foreign contractor in proceedings challenging a portion of an arbitral award passed in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings
▪ A petition under section 34 of the Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 before the District Court, Panchkula – representing Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. in proceedings challenging an arbitral award passed in ad-hoc arbitration proceedings under the MSMED Act, 2006
▪ A civil suit and a first appeal before the High Court of Delhi – representing Union of India (Ministry of Finance) in proceedings seeking an anti-arbitration injunction restraining the continuation of investment treaty arbitration proceedings.