The NLS Health Centre, located behind the Training Centre on campus, has been revamped to upgrade our nursing and medical services. This health facility offers minor in-patient and testing services, with a well-stocked pharmacy for common illnesses.
The University has recently tied up with Fortis Hospital to run the University health centre under the Fortis brand. This significantly enhances our healthcare capacity with highly standardised processes and skilled medical staff. This also strengthens our tie-up with the Fortis hospital in our neighbourhood for seamless escalation of cases as required. Our staff is also available to assist students with insurance formalities if required.
Please note, records of all medical consultations are strictly confidential.
The Centre operates from 9.30 am to 5.30 pm on all days of the week.
On call assistance and response is available post 5.30 pm.
- A doctor from Fortis visits the campus every day except for Mondays. The doctor is available from 3 pm to 5.30 pm.
- Nurses from Fortis are available on campus every day on a rotation basis.
- Our qualified resident nurse, Ms. Malini, also is available every day and resides on campus.
- If you would like to meet the doctor, please schedule an appointment in advance by writing into , or walk-in during office hours.
- In case of an emergency, please call +91 9611780365 for immediate assistance.
To ensure an efficient system for management of all matters pertaining to student health and medical emergencies, NLSIU maintains the following protocols:
- For medical concerns, please reach out to the Health Centre during working hours and over phone beyond office hours (+91 9611780365).
- The nurse will meet and examine student concerns and identify appropriate actions:
For minor medical matters, the nurse will take appropriate action in consultation with the Doctor.
Any medical matter requiring external support, consultations or hospitalization, will be escalated on the advice of the Doctor.
- The Residence Life Team will assist the nurse in arranging any urgent transport facilities if required.
- In case of any other concerns, the nurse may reach out to the relevant Warden for advice and/or assistance on the course of action.
Maintenance of records: The Nurse maintains a record of all cases in a digital format for effective monitoring of all pending matters. This includes:
(I) the name of the student,
(II) residence details including the name of the residence hall and room number
(III) nature of the complaint
(IV) the initial diagnosis
(V) suggested course of action, and
(VI) current status update of the case
Medical Insurance Policy
The University is working with a Health Coach and Nutritionist for the current trimester. She will be available on campus on Wednesdays & Thursdays for one-on-one consulting sessions regarding health and nutrition. Please reach out to her at to book an appointment.
About our Health Coach: Ms. Mari B is a Certified Health and Nutrition Coach from IIN, New York. She focuses on understanding and facilitating the promotion of primary health foods and holistic health. She has successfully founded the ‘3 Day Cleanse’ meal service in Bangalore and also conducted a number of talks and workshops around managing health through simple, daily practices. Please visit her website for more details: https://www.maribwellness.com/