5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- BA (University of Delhi) – 2009
- MA (Jamia Millia Islamia University, Delhi) – 2011
- M.Phil (Pondicherry University, Puducherry) – 2012
- PhD (Jawaharlal Nehru University) – 2018
Prior to joining NLSIU, Archana taught at the Department of Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi. She has also worked as a Research Fellow in National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), New Delhi; and as ICSSR-Post Doctoral Research Fellow (2019-21) at the Jawaharlal Nehru University. Her research project has been submitted to the ICCSR, Delhi.
Her area of research is Sociology of Caste/ Sociology of Gender/ Sociology of violence/Sociology of Social Movements/ Sociology of Education/ Sociology of Discrimination and Exclusion.
- Archana & Singh, P. (2022).“Media Influences on Caste based Untouchability Practices
in India” Contemporary Voice of Dalit, 14(2), 1-13. (SAGE Publication) (Scopus/UGC-CARE-II)
- Archana & Singh, P. (2021).“Assessing the Extent of Domestic Violence among the Indian
Women after the Implementation of Domestic Violence Act, 2005”, Journal of International Women’s Studies, 22(9), 361-380. (Bridgewater State University, MA, USA) (Scopus/UGC-CARE-II).
- Archana & Rao YC., (2019).“Oppression and Resistance: An Analysis of conflict and Violence through the shift in Naxal movement of Bihar, India”, Contemporary Voice of Dalit, 11(2), 172-181. (SAGE Publication) (Scopus/UGCCARE-II).
- Archana (2019).“Resistance as an alternative to violence”, The Indian Journal of Social Work, 80 (3), 277-290. (TISS, Mumbai) (Scopus/UGC-CARE-II).
- Archana, & Singh, P. (2018).“Changing Lives of Dalits, the Musahar’s Community in Madhepura, Bihar: Socio-economic Observation in Twenty-first Century”, Contemporary Voice of Dalit, 10(2), 192-203. (SAGE Publication) (Scopus/UGC-CARE-II).
- Archana (2017).“The Gendering Role and Image Building in Politics”, Social Science Spectrum, 3(2), 167-174.
- Nitish Kumar’s schemes to empower Mahadalits ’well-intentioned’, but need proper implementation: Study, The Economic Times, Oct 29, 2020.