Founding Partner, Clarus Law Associates
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bengaluru – 1995
Piyush Joshi specialises in infrastructure project development and financing. He advises on development, financing, operations and maintenance of projects in the energy sector (power, renewable energy, natural gas sectors), urban infrastructure sector (urban planning, township development, urban transport, metro railway networks, tramways, BRTS, regional railways networks, urban mobility), and environment infrastructure sector (municipal solid waste projects, landfill development, landfill capping and landfill reclamation projects).
Piyush represents lenders, developers, sponsors, private equity investors and corporates in complex energy, infrastructure, and project finance transactions. He has extensive experience in joint venture, private equity and other corporate transactions, including structuring of funds for infrastructure sectors, strategic advice in restructuring of infrastructure projects and exits and recovery of investment from such projects.
Piyush specializes in complex project disputes arising from the life cycle of infrastructure projects, including investor exit and project restructuring. He also has extensive policy advisory experience and has provided legislative and policy analysis to the Government of India and multilateral agencies such as the World Bank.
He has represented regulatory boards in various infrastructure sectors such as PNGRB, APTEL, CCI, advising on litigation strategy for disputes relating to infrastructure projects and as well as all types of commercial/corporate/investment agreements.
- Law Playing Catch-Up with a Virus, 20 April, 2020
- Market Intelligence- Project Finance In India, 30 Jan 2020 | India
- Energy Laws In India. 21 Jan 2020 | India
- AGR Ruling is Unfair to Telecom Players. 22 November, 2019
- Why bowing to U.S. pressure on Iran oil imports will hurt India, 12 July, 2018
- Power sector is still waiting for a workable solution to its troubles, 10 August, 2018
- Slaying the Oil Price Jabberwock: Need to create the Vorpal Blade, 11 June, 2018
- Law Relating to Infrastructure Projects, Lexis Nexis Butterworths, 2nd edition, 2003