B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
B.A., LL.B.(Hons.), National Law School of India University, (1989-1994)
He is an attorney who specialises in technology, media and telecommunications law in India. During his career, he has advised on some of the largest technology and telecom transactions in the country as well as on corporate matters, transactional, and regulatory matters. He has advised on cross border M&A, technology transfers, outsourcing, data protection, intellectual property, private equity investments and a range of specialised technology mandates. He particularly enjoys advising on the intersection of law and technology.
In 2000, he co-founded a law firm called Trilegal that has grown to become one of the leading law firms in the country. Trilegal is a full service firm with four offices in the principal commercial regions of the country. It has a strong culture of merit-based growth and a deep commitment to providing clients quality advice. He heads the TMT practice in Trilegal and serves on the management committee of the firm.
He has authored numerous articles and thought pieces on various topical issues relating to computers, the internet and other new technologies. His latest book, Privacy 3.0 – Unlocking our Data Driven Future addresses the challenges of regulating privacy in a big data world.
- “The Law Relating to Computers and the Internet” that was published by Butterworths in 2000.
- Privacy 3.0 – Unlocking our Data Driven Future
- Advised on some of the largest technology and telecom transactions in the country
- Advised on cross border M&A, technology transfers, outsourcing, data protection, intellectual property, private equity investments and a range of specialised technology mandates.
- Advise on the intersection of law and technology