3-Year LL.B (Hons.)
5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- Ph.D, SOAS, University of London, UK (Ongoing)
- LL.M., University of Cambridge, UK, 2021
- B.A., LL.B. (Hons.), Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), 2020
Before joining NLSIU, Tejas Rao worked as a Graduate Teaching Assistant at SOAS, University of London, UK, where he prepared materials for, and held tutorials in International Environmental Law. He assisted Professor Philippe Cullet for the LLB and Senior Status LLB, as well as BA & Affiliate BA students. He has also been the Coordinator, Leverhulme Trust Visiting Professorship, University of Cambridge, UK since March 2021.
For the better part of 2021, he was Associate Fellow & Coordinator, Peace, Justice & Governance Initiatives, Centre for International Sustainable Development Law, Canada. There he led activities and publication efforts in sustainable development law and international climate change law in the build-up to COP26.
Tejas Rao, International Environmental Law in Indian Courts and Tribunals (Thomson Reuters India, 2022, Forthcoming).
Dr William Nunes & Tejas Rao (eds.), Referendums in International Law: An Analysis (Ruby Press. Co.,
Ayman Cherkaoui & Tejas Rao, Emerging Issues, in Courage, Contributions & Compliance: Advancing Climate Law and Governance Innovation (Routledge, Forthcoming).
Articles and Book Reviews
- Tejas Rao, Lessons from the Gabcikovo-Nagymaros Case for the Governance of the Global Commons, Hungarian Yearbook of International Law and European Law (2022, Forthcoming).
- Tejas Rao, Marie-Claire Cordonier Segger et al. (eds.), Intergenerational Justice in Sustainable Development Treaty Implementation. Advancing Future Generations Rights through National Institutions (Book Review), Hungarian Yearbook of International Law and European Law (2021, Forthcoming).
- Radhika Parthasarathy & Tejas Rao, Playing the Devil’s Advocate: How the Government may just pass a test
under Article 21 while mandating the Aarogya Setu application, Manupatra (2020).
- Tejas Rao & Kartikeya Sharma, Coordinating Judicial Discipline: Ensuring Certainty in the Law, Livelaw.in
- Tejas Rao & Kartikeya Sharma, Contempt & the Court: Dissent from the Bar, Livelaw.in (2020).
- Tejas Rao & Ujval Mohan, Crimes of Aggression: The Path Forward, in RGNUL Essays on Crimes of Aggression (2016).
- Tejas Rao & Samaksh Sood, Egypt’s Leviathan, 3(1) World Journal on Juristic Policy 144 (2016).
- Tejas Rao, Space Debris Mitigation, Nuclear Resources & Challenges of the Environmental Law of Outer Space, Lex Terra (2016).