26ᵗʰ Annual H.M. Seervai Essay Competition in Constitutional Law
July 19, 2022
National Law School of India University, Bangalore invites entries for the 26ᵗʰ Annual H.M. Seervai Essay Competition in Constitutional Law. Participants in this pan-India essay competition stand a chance to win the prestigious H.M. Seervai Gold Medal from NLSIU.
About the Competition:
In 1997, Senior Advocate Navroz Seervai instituted a Gold Medal in the name of the distinguished jurist, the late H.M. Seervai, for the best original essay written on the themes specified in Indian Constitutional Law. Over the years, this essay writing competition has become a prestigious event for law students all over India. The significant rise every year in the number of contributions from the student community shows their mark of respect and tribute to one of the greatest legal luminaries of our country, Hormasji Maneckji Seervai.
In 2021, the gold medal was awarded to Aachman Shekar, NALSAR University of Law for his essay on ‘The 50% Reservation Ceiling: Protecting or Hindering Equality?’ Read the winning essay here.
Topic for 2022:
How should the Supreme Court of India reshape the law of arrest and bail?
Students currently enrolled in an LL.B. / B.A., LL.B. / BBA, LL.B./B.Com., LL.B. regular mode programme in any recognised Law School / College / University in India may make a submission.
- Each entry should be an original, unpublished, single-authored essay in English.
- Every essay must clear anti-plagiarism checks.
- Entries should be formatted in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double-spaced on an A4 sheet, & carefully referenced using the OSCOLA citation style.
- Word limit: 7,000-10,000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- Submission Deadline: Midnight, August 19, 2022.
To submit your essay, click here.
The University reserves the right to conduct interviews with selected candidates.