Admission Notification for I Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme | Academic Year 2021-22
July 30, 2021
Admission Process For I Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme for the Academic Year 2021-22
- The Consortium of NLUs shall notify the first list of candidates eligible to be selected to NLSIU through the CLAT 2021 examination on 1st August 2021.
- These candidates shall be provisionally admitted to the 1st year of the B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Programme for the A.Y. 2021-22. Candidates are hereby required to carefully complete the admission formalities set out below.
Step 1: Fill and submit the admission form along with the necessary supporting documents
Once the list has been announced, login credentials for the NLSIU Student Portal shall be communicated to the registered Email ID of the candidate as provided in the CLAT portal.
The selected candidates are required to fill the admission form and upload the self-attested copies of the following documents on the NLSIU Student Portal before your Interview Slot.
Documents to be submitted immediately
- Class X Certificate.
- Recent passport size colour photo
- Any one of the following Government issued Identity Card:
- Driver’s License, b) Aadhaar Card, c) Passport or d) Ration Card
- Migration / Transfer Certificate
- Class XII certificate
- Study Certificate indicating study in Karnataka for a period of 10 years for candidates claiming Karnataka student status.
Step 2: Candidate Interviews
Candidates will appear for a virtual interview on Sunday, the 1st August 2021 (11:00 am to 6:00 pm) during which the submitted documents (in the CLAT portal and NLSIU Student Portal) will be verified.
Interview slots along with the meeting details will be communicated to students by email after the candidate has submitted the admission form.
Step 3: Fee Payment
Fee payable for 1st year (after deducting Rs. 50,000/- already paid to the Consortium of NLUs) by 4th August 2021.
a) General Category: (Rs.2,88,855 – Rs. 50,000) – Rs. 2,38,855
b) SC / ST & PWD category: (Rs.2,85,445 – Rs. 50,000) – Rs. 2,35,445
Fee may be remitted through the payment gateway provided in the NLSIU Student Portal via any of the following instruments.
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking Options
Step 4: Financial Aid
- The Financial Aid Policy and forms will be circulated to all admitted candidates after the interviews. To view details of the Financial Aid Policy of NLSIU, click here.
- Financial Aid applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM on 10th August, 2021.
- The applicants will be notified of the University’s decision to grant financial aid on 14th August, 2021.
- Candidates who have been granted partial financial aid are required to pay the balance amount before 11:59 PM on 20th August 2021.
Step 5: Orientation Programme
The Academic year will begin with Orientation programme for admitted students on Monday, 2nd August 2021 at 10 AM. The detailed schedule of the orientation shall be communicated by email on Sunday 1st August 2021.
Step 6: Submission of original certificates
All candidates must produce the originals of the above mentioned documents when the University commences its on-campus programme.
The signed copy of the above notification is available here.
For admission related queries, please contact Ms Prathibha (9900214422).
For technical queries, please contact Mr Sathyanarayana (9538861511) or Mr Vinod (8892972640).