Call for Applications | Director – Professional and Continuing Education (PACE)
April 4, 2023
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) was established in 1987 to be a pioneer in legal education. Over the last three decades the University has consistently been the undoubted leader in legal education and research in India and has been ranked First among Law Universities in the National Institute Ranking Framework for the last five years.
In recognition of its mission to promote excellence in legal education, and to broaden access to the highest standards of learning in the law for all, NLSIU’s Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) team provides a post-graduate master’s degree, and several post-graduate diplomas for students from all backgrounds. The PACE Team designs and delivers training programmes for several leading organisations and government agencies. These programmes blend a deep understanding of the theoretical aspects of the law, practical know-how, and applications and examples from the field.
The University accordingly invites online applications from dynamic and accomplished academic professionals who have experience in online and offline learning and training programmes for professionals at all levels of experience, for the position of Director – Professional and Continuing Education, PACE. This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk work and will report to the Vice Chancellor, NLSIU.
The Director – Professional and Continuing Education will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
• Overall end-to-end administration of PACE programmes – degree, diploma, certificate and training programmes as well as academic administration of the on-campus programmes
• Manage end-to-end compliances and regulatory issues.
• Oversee the preparation of proposals and responsibility of communication of proposals to external organisations.
• Administer and draft rules and regulations for all the programmes.
• Manage deliverables with regard to training programmes.
• Oversight and management of MOU deliverables.
• Appoint or engage faculty and resource person for delivery of programmes.
• Overall financial responsibility of the PACE and exercise of prudent decisions in financial matters.
• Analyse feedback from various programmes.
• Create and administer coherency of academic criteria across programmes. Ensure academic rigour and integrity is not compromised in the programmes.
• Handle online and distance learning across University programmes.
• Design and manage course delivery pedagogy.
• Manage and resolve student, staff, academic fellows and faculty grievances
• Ensure a seamless conduct of exam and assessments.
• Manage work allocation within the department.
To know more about PACE, please visit pace.nls.ac.in
The last date to submit applications has been extended to May 11, 2023.
The official corrigendum is available here.