Call for Applications | Research Assistant at CLAP (Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids), NLSIU
July 30, 2022
The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, National Law School of India University, Bengaluru invites applications under its Research Project on Tobacco Control for the position of full-time ‘Research Assistant’ from interested candidates who have completed their LL.M. (Masters in Law), with a strong competence in legal research and writing.
- Master Degree in Law (LL.M.) from a reputed University (Preferably candidates interested in Consumer Welfare Legislation and Tobacco Control Laws subjects will be preferred).
- Must have good research skills and proven fluency in written and spoken English.
- Initiative and the ability to work on his/her own will be appreciated.
- Excellent Computer knowledge and typing.
- Previous experience is not mandatory.
Duration of the Appointment
The project duration is for 7 months and the appointment shall be purely on temporary basis. The appointment shall be co-terminus with the duration of project. The Chair may consider continuing of these posts after the expiry of the project duration provided the Chair finds research progress of the researcher worthy of it.
- To apply for the position, please click here.
- Last date for applications: 5th August, 2022
- Date of Virtual Interview for shortlisted candidates: 10th August, 2022
The Chair on Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP) was established in August 2008, by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi at National Law School of India University, Bangalore to promote research, teaching and training in Consumer Law and Practice. The Chair acts as a “Think Thank” for the Research and Policy related issues on Consumer Law and Practice. The Consumer Chair also encourages Empirical and doctrinal research. Recently, the Consumer Chair has undertaken a project on Tobacco Control Laws funded by Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids (CTFK) with an object to strengthen enforcement of the Tobacco Control Laws and the ancillary laws, such as the Cigarettes and other Tobacco Products (Prohibition of Advertisement and Regulation of Trade and Commerce, Production, Supply and Distribution) Act, 2003(COTPA) & the Prohibition of Electronic-Cigarettes Act 2019, through regular training of law enforcers pan India.