Call for Applications | Research Associate | Centre for the Child and the Law (CCL)
March 15, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for two (02) positions for the Centre for the Child and the Law (CCL). This is a contractual research assignment (12 months), based out of Bangalore.
The Centre for Child and the Law (CCL) was established as a specialized multi-disciplinary research centre of NLSIU on April 1, 1996. The Centre integrates research, direct field action, and teaching on child rights law. We use law and socio-legal strategies as tools for transformative social change to enable children to live with dignity. Our aim is to ensure social justice, human rights and quality of life for all children in India, with special focus on equitable quality education, care, protection and justice for marginalized and excluded children.
Research Associate (02 positions)
- Assist the Centre Coordinator and other team members in conducting literature reviews, curating relevant cases and materials, researching on contemporary themes and writing blog notes, academic papers and research reports
- Conducting field and desk research on identified issues
- Preparing for, organising and conducting workshops and conferences
- Preparing progress reports and or managing other reporting needs
- Handling administrative responsibilities under the project
- Drafting of legal opinions, review of draft national/state policies
- Framing proposals for funding, research and writing, training and other assignments
- Other Centre related activities and tasks
This is a full-time role, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk research. This role will report to the Centre Coordinator.
For more details, please read the official notification here.
To apply, please click here.