Invitation to teach Elective Courses at NLSIU | November 2022 Term
August 13, 2022
NLSIU invites interested faculty to offer Elective Courses to our students for the upcoming term from November 2, 2022 to Jan 27, 2023.
An elective course at NLSIU requires 40 hours of classroom engagement. These courses may be delivered in the following two formats:
- Full Term Elective with 40 hours of classroom engagement in hybrid mode spread across 10 weeks (November 2, 2022 to January 27, 2023); OR
- Intensive Elective with 40 hours of classroom engagement, with 4 hours each day for 10 days (December 5, 2022 to December 16, 2022)
Elective Courses vary in their focus and pedagogy. Three types of Elective Courses are common at NLSIU:
- Taught Course (predominantly lecture/discussion based, with an exam);
- Research Course (focused on review of primary and secondary research leading to a Term Paper);
- Practice or Clinical Course (focused on field work, simulation, drafting or litigation exercises examined through the clinical methods).
These elective courses may also be delivered in hybrid mode. Hybrid mode means that while most of the classes will be conducted online, Full Time Elective Faculty as well as Intensive Elective Faculty need to be present on the campus to interact with students for five consecutive days during the term. Classes shall be held between 8.50 hours and 19.10 hours on weekdays only.
The University will support travel and accommodation for the Faculty and necessary arrangements shall be made after mutual discussion.
Faculty must invariably possess a graduate and post-graduate degree in law or the Social Sciences. Alternatively, they may have at least 7 years of post-qualification experience in legal practice. Faculty who have published widely in their fields of expertise, are preferred.
To apply, kindly fill out the form here. The last date to submit the form is September 30, 2022.
For any academic queries please contact Prof. Saurabh Bhattacharjee at or Ms. Sanyuktha Chowdhury at . For any other queries, please contact Ms. D S Usha at or Ms. Sneha Kumari at
Here are some FAQs that will help you gain a better understanding of the electives courses and the process for applying to teach these courses. To know more, please click here.