Call for Applications | Chief Finance Officer
September 12, 2023
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from accomplished professionals for the position of Chief Finance Officer. The role will be responsible for the institution’s financial strategy. This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk work, and will report to the Registrar, NLSIU.
The Chief Finance Officer will report to the Registrar and will be responsible for the following:
▪ Manage the Institute’s accounting, auditing, budgeting, finance and other related activities.
▪ Formulate and implement financial policies; financial planning and budgeting and manage funds;
▪ Prepare monthly expenditure receipts and reports on data entering into the centralized accounting system;
▪ Produce and regularly update cash flow forecasts and ensure timely remittance requests to ensure sufficient funds are available with the University;
▪ Operate and maintain use of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets to assist day to day accounting procedures and reporting requirements;
▪ Ensure compliance with legal, financial and procurement policies for donor funded projects;
▪ Conduct risk management in line with University’s risk management policies and procedures;
▪ Maintain records for fixed assets and update them on a quarterly basis;
▪ Assist with expenditure control, ensure adherence to University policies and procedures and advise team members on possible cost saving measures;
▪ Conduct audits and ensure statutory compliance as per applicable laws.
▪ Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
The deadline for the submission of the application is 5:00 PM, 3rd October 2023.
Please note that amendments have been carried out in the Recruitment Notification of the Chief Finance Officer. Please refer to the Corrigendum here.
As per the Corrigendum, the last date to submit applications has been extended to 5:00 PM, 13th October 2023.