Call for Applications | Office Assistant | Project on Enabling Access to Justice for Children in the Juvenile Justice System
January 31, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for one (1) role in its project on ‘Enabling Access to Justice for Children in the Juvenile Justice System’ under the ‘Child Protection’ programme. This is a contractual assignment (12 months), based out of Bangalore.
The position is under the Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore with support from the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI).
About the Project
The project aims to strengthen the system of provision of legal aid to children in conflict with law being produced before the Juvenile Justice Boards (JJB). In this direction, the project will support children who need legal representation. This will involve working closely with the Legal Services Authority (LSA) lawyers and other expert lawyers, identified by CCL.
The project will facilitate psycho-social services for children for them to navigate the system better. Developing the capacity of key stakeholders in the system will be an ongoing focus of this project.
The project entails managing the legal representation at the JJB, coordinating with private and LSA lawyers, case management, providing legal aid and assistance to children presented before the JJB and performing other tasks as specified/required to efficiently meet the project deadlines.
- Office Maintenance including, but not limited to:
– office registers, files and books
– book keeping of office assets
– filing of documentation
– collection and validation of expense bills received
-ad hoc support for the functioning of the office
- Logistical support/coordination of training programmes/other events/meetings
- Assist the team in other activities of CCL
- Travel on need basis to other districts within Karnataka
This is a full-time role, based out of the Government Boys’ Observation Home (Madivala) and the NLSIU campus (Nagarbhavi) in Bangalore. The role will report to the Project Director.
Who should apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in any field
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Kannada and English fluently
- In addition, the candidate must have:
– Ability to work in a team, contributing to both team and individual goals
– Good communication, organising and time management skills
– Basic proficiency in computer skills
How to apply
Fill out this google form with an updated CV
The last date for submission of applications is 14 February 2023.