Call for Applications | Research Assistant | Project on Strengthening Nutrition Governance in India
January 31, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for one (1) role in its project on ‘Strengthening Nutrition Governance in India’ under the ‘Right To Food’ programme. This is a contractual assignment (12 months), based in Bangalore.
The position is under the Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore with support from the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR).
About the Project
The project seeks to primarily map the landscape of grievance redressal mechanisms in four states, namely – Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur and Uttarakhand. It also seeks to engage with, sensitize and enhance the capacities of duty bearers in the project regions in the country to deliver better on the right to adequate food, guided by the principles of participation, transparency and accountability, non-discrimination, and rule of law.
The study will put forth recommendations to strengthen the mechanism in terms of functionality, accessibility, adequacy and effectiveness, thereby contributing towards the realization of the right to food for people. Scheduled to be completed in a span of 15 months between 2022 and 2023, empirical evidence will be gathered from four states – Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Manipur and Uttarakhand. Members of State Food Commissions, District Grievance Redressal Officers, Nodal Officers (appointed as part of the internal grievance redressal mechanism under NFSA, 2013) and right holders will be the primary respondents of this study.
Assist the Research Associate in
- Conducting desk research on collating provisions under the National Food Security Act, corresponding rules and orders in 4 identified states
- Preparing, revising and finalizing the tools for data collection
- Providing orientation to the field investigators
- Coordinating the data collection exercise with the field investigators
- Verifying the collected data, analysis and documentation of the same
- Writing the report
This is a part-time role, requiring to work at least 3 days a week and will report to the Programme Head. This role will be based out of the NLSIU campus (Nagarbhavi) in Bangalore.
Who should apply
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences with minimum 55%
- PhD in Social Sciences is desirable
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in research in social science discipline
- In addition, the candidate must have:
– Good understanding of macro level issues related to food security
– Ability to work in a team
– Good communication, organising and time management skills
– Demonstrated proficiency in the use of G-Suite and MS Excel
How to apply
Please fill out this google form with:
- Updated CV
- A short statement of purpose (not more than 500 words)
The last date for submission of applications is 22 February 2023.