Call for Applications | One-Day Workshop on Conflict Competence and Collaborative Problem-Solving for Working Professionals
Wednesday, October 18, 2023
The National Law School of India University, Bengaluru in collaboration with the CAMP Arbitration & Mediation Practice Private Limited and Foundation for Sustainable Rule of Law Initiatives (FSRI) is organizing a one-day residential workshop on Conflict Competence and Collaborative Problem-Solving for working professionals on Oct 18, 2023. The University invites online applications for this workshop that will be held from 10:00 am – 6 pm at the NLSIU campus, Bengaluru.
In this one-day hands-on workshop, business professionals working within organizations will gain insights into conflict management– and into themselves in conflict. They will develop conflict management skills and an approach to consensus building that will strengthen their interpersonal relationships and help build resilient and creative teams. The session will be facilitated by attorney mediators who have mediated and taught mediation for more than thirty years. The workshop offers competencies and skills in five primary areas as listed below.
● Discover one’s individual, habitual conflict style and its likely influence on how one operates in a professional role.
● Develop skills to disagree without being disagreeable – empathy and active listening, skillful questions, and effective assertion.
● Implement these skills in a collaborative problem-solving process.
● Explore how to manage conflict effectively and efficiently within an organization.
● Understand the role of professional mediators and recognize when assistance of a mediator might be appropriate to address organizational conflict.
Eligibility: Senior Management at corporations – Human Resources/ Legal/ Management/Operations/ Strategy/ Finance/ Audit
Fees: Rs. 8,500/- +18% GST
● Dana Curtis, Program on Negotiation, Harvard Law School.
● Laila Ollapally, CAMP Arbitration and Mediation Practice Private Limited.
● Victor Schachter, The Foundation for Sustainable Rule of Law Initiatives.
● Howard Herman, JAMS Foundation Mediator
● Claudia Bernard, Mediator, UC Law San Francisco (Formerly called University of California Hastings College of the Law )
● Aparajita Lath, Assistant Professor of Law, National Law School of India University.
A certificate of participation will be provided on successful completion of the workshop.
Submit the application form here.
Application Deadline has been extended to 11:59 pm, Sunday, 15 October.