Call for Applications | Research Consultant | Centre for Child and the Law
June 12, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for one (01) position of Research Consultant under the ‘Child Protection Programme’. It is a contractual assignment (12 months), based out of Bangalore. The position is under the Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
The Centre for Child and the Law (CCL) was established as a specialized multi-disciplinary research centre of NLSIU on April 1, 1996. The Centre integrates research, direct field action, and teaching on child rights law. We use law and socio-legal strategies as tools for transformative social change to enable children to live with dignity. Our aim is to ensure social justice, human rights and quality of life for all children in India, with special focus on equitable quality education, care, protection and justice for marginalized and excluded children.
- Design and lead research projects (qualitative and quantitative) related to child protection
- Identifying key issues related to representation of children and conducting in-depth analysis to develop policy positions and briefs, that will be used as inputs to holding a dialogue with key stakeholders
- Supporting the team in building and strengthening partnerships with stakeholders
- Preparing for, organising and conducting training programmes, workshops and conferences
- Preparing progress reports and or managing other reporting needs
- Drafting of legal opinions, review of draft national/state policies
- Other Centre related activities and tasks
This is a full-time position, based out of the Government Boys’ Observation Home (Madivala) and the NLSIU campus (Nagarbhavi) in Bangalore, involving field and desk research. This position will report to the Centre Coordinator.
Who should apply
- Candidates with a Master’s Degree in Law or Social Sciences from a recognised University, in the field of criminal law, human rights and other allied fields
- At least five (05) years of work experience with a minimum of two (02) years of experience as a researcher, having done hands-on designing and conceptualisation of research projects
- Ability to meticulously use different legal research databases
- In addition, the candidate must have:
– Ability to work in a team, contributing to both team and individual goals
– Analytical and Research skills, collation skills, communication skills (written and oral), time-management skills
– Demonstrated proficiency in the use of G-Suite, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
– Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, attention to detail
How to apply
Using Google Form on NLSIU site, with:
- Your updated CV/Resume (not more than 3 pages)
- A short Statement of Purpose (up to 500 words)
- A Writing Sample (up to 1000 words)
- Details of two (02) References with contact details
For more details, please read the official notification here.
To apply, click here
The last date for submission of applications is 22 June 2023.