Call for Applications | Project Coordinator | Centre for the Child and the Law
June 12, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for one (01) position of Project Coordinator. It is a contractual assignment twelve (12 months), based out of Bangalore. The position is under the Centre for Child and the Law (CCL), National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
The Centre for Child and the Law (CCL) was established as a specialized multi-disciplinary research centre of NLSIU on April 1, 1996. The Centre integrates research, direct field action, and teaching on child rights law. We use law and socio-legal strategies as tools for transformative social change to enable children to live with dignity. Our aim is to ensure social justice, human rights and quality of life for all children in India, with special focus on equitable quality education, care, protection and justice for marginalized and excluded children.
- Coordinating the overall Programme and Fiscal Planning of the Centre and its projects, initiatives
- Assist the Centre Coordinator in management, oversight and governance of the Centre’s projects, initiatives
- Management of external reporting (activity/narrative/others), including Funders’ liaison and internal reporting (monthly/quarterly/yearly/ad hoc)
- Assisting in writing research proposals for new projects, initiatives/new avenues in existing projects, initiatives
- Attending meetings with stakeholders and partners
- Preparing for, organising and conducting training programmes, workshops and conferences
- Content management and maintenance of the Centre and its projects, initiatives on the Centre website including content on social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
- Being the Centre’s point of contact for information sharing relating to the University’s policy and process
- Facilitate and support recruitment and onboarding of the Centre’s new joiners along with the PNC team
- Assist the University and others departments as required
- Handling administrative responsibilities under the Centre
- Other Centre related activities and tasks
This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus (Nagarbhavi) in Bangalore. There may be travel within Bangalore and/or to other locations in India. This position will report to the Centre Coordinator.
Who should apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Law or Social Sciences from a recognised University
- At least three (03) years of project management experience, having worked on academic / research / development projects
- Background in academics or research (field or desk) is preferred
- Background in child rights is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Kannada and English fluently is preferred
- In addition, the candidate must have:
– Ability to work in a team, contributing to both team and individual goals
– Analytical skills, collation skills, communication skills (written and oral), time-management skills
– Demonstrated proficiency in the use of G-Suite, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
– Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, attention to detail
How to apply
Using Google Form on NLSIU site, with:
– Your updated CV/Resume (not more than 3 pages)
– A short Statement of Purpose (not more than 500 words)
– Details of two (02) References with contact details
For more details, please read the official notification here.
To apply, click here
Last Date for Applying
The last date for submission of applications is 22 June, 2023.