Call for Papers | National Seminar on ‘Strengthening Agricultural Water Use Law, Policy and Management in India
ZOOM Video Conference
Friday, March 26, 2021
The Centre for Environmental Law, Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), NLSIU, and University of Agricultural Sciences,GKVK, Bengaluru, in collaboration with ICAR-IIWM, Bhubaneswar, is organising an online National Seminar on ‘Strengthening Agricultural Water Use Law, Policy and Management in India on 26th March, 2021.
The programme will strictly be on registration basis and only paid participants are permitted to present papers. We invite papers on the following themes:
- Use of Technology in Water Conservation and Usage
- Multi-jurisdictional Comparative Analysis of Water Conservation Policy
- Accountability and Transparency of the Government in Agricultural Water Regulation
- The Regulatory Role of the Central Government: A bane for Sustainable Agricultural Water Practices
- Agricultural Water in India: Compromised by Economic Growth
- Public Private Partnership in Water Management and Utilization
- Efficient Management and Administration of Water Resources: Possible Avenues
- Striking balance between Right to Livelihood and Conservation of Water
- Exploitation of Government Agricultural Programs
- Re-Thinking Decentralization in Water Use and Management
- Sustainable Development Goals and Agriculture sector
- Sustainable Agricultural Practices
- Water and Food Security
- Water Policy for the Agricultural Sector with special emphasis on Climate Change perspective
Who May Attend?
- Agricultural scientists, academicians, Ph.D. scholars and students from law universities, agricultural universities and university of environmental sciences and management.
- Farmers’ Associations, Agricultural Associations and Water Users Associations.
- Officers of the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Agriculture,Environment,Forest & Climate Change and officers of Pollution Control Boards.
- Industry professionals, officers from the irrigation department,water management experts, environmental engineers, EHS managers, lawyers and consultants
- Maximum of two authors.
- Each author to register individually.
- Register by sending an abstract of 500- 750 words along with name and designation of author(s).
- Last date to Register and Abstract Submission: 20th March, 2021
- Date of seminar: 26th March, 2021