Call for Papers | International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice, Vol.10, 2022 SCOPUS | UGC CARE Indexed Journal
December 10, 2021
I. About International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP)
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India. The University’s Chancellor is the Chief Justice of India, and the Chairman of the Bar Council of India is the Chairman of the General Council. NLSIU, since 2018 has consistently maintained the top rank in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranks higher educational institutions across India.
In Indian history first time the Consumer Law and Practice Chair (CLAP Chair) has been established in August 2008, at the National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU) by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi, to promote research, teaching and training in Consumer Law and Practice. From the date of establishment of this CLP chair, Prof.(Dr.) Ashok Patil is heading and administering this Chair and is the Chief Editor of this Journal.
The International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP) (ISSN 2347-2731) is an Open-Access, Blind-Peer-reviewed, Law journal published annually by NLSIU under the aegis of the Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU (CLAP) since 2013. Recently Journal indexed on SCOPUS, HeinOnline, SCC OnLine, & UGC CARE List.
Previous issues have featured contributions by Hon. Justice AK Sikri (Judge, Supreme Court of India), HC Mult Norbert Reich (Emeritus Professor, Bremen University, Germany), Cristina Poncibò (Assoc. Prof., Comparative Private Law, University of Turin, Italy), Laura Zoboli (Asst. Prof., European Economic Law, University of Warsaw, Poland), James P Nehf (Prof. and Cleon H Foust Fellow, Robert H McKinney School of Law Indiana University), Gail Pearson (Prof., University of Sydney, Australia), etc.
IJCLP seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussion on various National and International best practices of Consumer Protection Laws. Following the Ninth successful volume of the Journal and in continuance of the endeavour to encourage academic discourse and legal scholarship, the Board of Editors invites submission for the Tenth Volume. The Journal welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields.
II. Timeline for Submission
Deadline for submission is 30th March, 2022.
III. Summary of our submission guidelines
The journal welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields.
Theme: Consumer Protection with special reference of E-Commerce and Product Liability
- International Consumer Protection Framework & Policy specifically on E-Commerce and Product Liability
- Role of Regulatory Authorities in Consumer Protection specifically on E-Commerce and Product Liability
- Comparative study of Product Liability in India with developed Countries
- Technological Advancements in Protection and Enforcement of Consumer Rights
- Cross jurisdictional analysis of consumer laws on e-commerce
- Intermediary liability in e-commerce
- Product Liability Insurance
The sub-themes listed above are merely indicative and not exhaustive. The Journal highly appreciates the Comparative Study of global best practice on E-commerce and Product Liability with India.
- Articles and Research Papers with abstract (6,000-8,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Essay (3,000-4,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comment, Legislative Briefs (2,500-3,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Review (2,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
IV. Format of Submission:
1) The submission shall not contain the name of the author or institutional affiliation or any other identification mark. Submission shall be sent in .doc or .docx format only.
2) A separate cover letter in (.doc) or (.docx) format containing particulars of the author(s) and the submission is to be sent along with the submission. A cover letter should include –
(i) Title of Submission,
(ii) Sub-theme Chosen (if any)
(iii) Abstract (not exceeding 300 words)
(iv) Name of the Author & Co-Author (Only one Co-author is permitted)
(vi) Institutional Affiliation
(vii) Contact Information and Address for Correspondence.
3) The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, with Font Size 12 and Line Spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with Single Line Spacing.
4) All citations should be placed in footnotes (and not endnotes) and shall conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (4th edn, 2012).
5) The submission should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the piece is original and has not been published or is under consideration, for publication, elsewhere.
6) All submissions are subject to Plagiarism check.
7) All submissions go through an initial round of review by the editorial board and the selected pieces are subsequently sent for peer review, before finalization for publication.
V. How do I Submit?
Only electronic submissions are accepted. Kindly submit your submission on this Google form along with the cover letter, and resume on or before 30th March 2022 for it to be considered for volume X. Please feel free to contact us at for any queries.