National Webinar | Online Dispute Resolution under Consumer Protection Act, 2019
Thursday, December 24, 2020, 5:00 pm
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019, came into force on 20th & 24th July, 2020 (two different dates for different sets of provisions of the Act) replacing the 33 year old Consumer Protection Act. 1986. The new Act strengthened the legal and policy framework towards achieving the avowed object of better protection of Consumer in India. This webinar will address the analysis of the provisions of CPA, 2019, specifically on E filing of Consumer Disputes & hearing of matters through video conferencing and aims to spread the awareness about the new Mechanism.
CLAP invites Advocates, NGO’s, Government officers, Academicians and others to join this informative session. E-Certificate will be issued to Registered Participant who attend the session and fill Feedback form.
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice R. K. Agarwal, President, National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi, former Judge of Supreme Court of India
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Huluvadi G. Ramesh, President, Karnataka States Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, Bangalore
- Dr. Ashok R Patil, Chair Professor, Chair on Consumer law and Practice, National Law School of India University, Bangalore
This webinar is open for Students, Lawyers, Research Scholars, Teachers, Judges, Professionals and Academicians, NGO or for anyone who is
interested in the topic of the Webinar. E-Certificates will be provided to all the registered participates who attend entire session through Zoom platform and submit the feedback form which will be provided before winding up of the program.
- Platform: Zoom, Meeting ID : 995 7500 3781, Passcode : 429 668
- Last Date for Registration: 24th December 2020, 5 pm
- Registration Fee- Free
- Registration Link: Click Here To Register
About Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU
In the Indian history for the first time the Chair on Consumer Law and Practice (CLAP) has been established in August 2008, by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Department of Consumer Affairs, Government of India, New Delhi at National Law School of India University, Bangalore to promote research, teaching and training in Consumer Law and Practice.Information Brochure