Call for Applications | Development Officer
October 25, 2022
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is committed to building on its legacy to become a leading Asian and Global law school in the next decade. The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from dynamic and accomplished professionals for the full-time post based in Bangalore of Development Officer.
Post: Development Officer (01 vacancy)
Tenure: Permanent basis till the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years, subject to confirmation after the satisfactory completion of one year’s probation.
Essential Experience and Skills
i) 7 or more years of experience in programme development or philanthropic initiatives or a related field.
ii) Excellent ability to work with and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and forge partnerships.
iii) Excellent research and communication skills.
iv) Strong networking abilities.
v) Strong presentation skills.
vi) Strong budget management skills, organisation skills and IT
vii) Excellent ability to communicate effectively and eloquently.
viii) Excellent ability to work effectively and constructively as part of a team.
ix) Knowledge of Kannada is a bonus for this role.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Development Officer will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- Be responsible for developing the strategic fundraising plans of the University.
- Be responsible for building relationships with prospective donors and grantees across multiple sectors and
communicating with the broader public, alumni and internal teams.
- To develop and implement strategies and internal processes for programme development and grant
management across all research and University development projects.
- To identify and explore prospective donor pools, to draft tailored messages, and to cultivate donor relationships with the goal of securing financial support.
- To write and negotiate funding proposals for potential donors and work closely with the University academic staff and legal team.
- To identify and develop opportunities for programmatic support.
- To maintain external stakeholder relationships related to programme development.
- To set up internal processes for managing fundraising lifecycles and donor relations including MOU/contract
closure and reporting.
- To write, submit and upload press releases as required.
- To prepare quarterly budgets and establish and maintain reports for funders.
- To implement a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
For more details, view the official notification here.
To apply, click here.
The last date has been extended to November 22, 2022 (5 pm).