Call for Applications | Research Assistant | Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP)
March 31, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for one (01) position under the Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP). This is a full time role on contract basis for one (01) year (extendable). The position is based out of Bangalore.
This position is conceived under the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore with support from the University Grants Commission (UGC), Government of India (GoI).
About the Centre
Founded in 2008 through an initiative of the University Grants Commission, Government of India, the Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy (CSSEIP) promotes interdisciplinary research on the varied forms of social marginality and exclusion in India. Besides offering courses for B.A. LL.B (Hons) and LL.M and MPP students at NLSIU, CSSEIP undertakes academic, legal and policy research with a special focus on caste, tribal and religious minorities with an active commitment to furthering democratic practices.
- Assist the Centre Coordinator and other team members in conducting fieldwork in Karnataka, literature reviews, curating relevant cases and materials, researching on contemporary themes and writing blog notes, academic papers and research reports add modules and training materials
- Conducting field and desk research on identified issues
- Preparing for, organising and conducting training programmes, workshops and conferences
- Preparing progress reports and or managing other reporting needs
- Drafting of legal opinions, review of draft national/state policies, especially relating to developmental issues in Karnataka
- Framing proposals for funding, research and writing, training and other assignments
- Attending meetings with representatives from the GoK and Civil Societies (NGOs, Campaigns, Movements) and other stakeholders, partners of the Centre
- Other Centre related activities and tasks
This is a full-time role on contract basis, will be based out of the NLSIU campus, involving field and desk research as well as travel across Karnataka. This role will report to the Centre Coordinator.
Who should apply
- Candidates with a Doctoral Degree in Social Sciences from a recognised University
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading and writing Kannada and English fluently
- At least five (05) years of experience as a researcher, preferably for university associated projects
- Exposure to/familiarity with the Developmental issues in Karnataka
- Analytical and Research skills, collation skills, communication skills (written and oral), time-management skills
- In addition, the candidate must have:
- Ability to work in a team, contributing to both team and individual goals
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of G-Suite, MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Good communication, organising and time management skills
- Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, attention to detail, data-driven
How to apply
Using Google Form on NLSIU site, with:
- Updated CV
- Statement of Purpose (up to 500 words)
- A sole authored writing sample
- Two referees with contact details
For more details, please read the official notification here.
To apply, click here
The last date for submission of applications is 24 April 2023.