Call for Applications | Director – Communications and External Relations
July 12, 2023
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from accomplished professionals for the position of Director – Communications and External Relations. The role will help shape and amplify the University brand, lead the communications strategy, identify and leverage partnerships and work cross-functionally with other key teams across the University to build messaging resonance across channels. This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk work, and will report to the Registrar, NLSIU.
(i) At least fifteen (15) years of overall work experience in leadership/strategic roles;
(ii) A compelling vision of the role to improve strategic partnerships with prospective students, current students, alumni, governments and funders;
(iii) Significant, relevant and first-hand experience in a higher education communications role; including public relations, media management and outreach;
(iv) Successfully built and led diverse teams;
(v) Incredibly organized, responsive, and able to effectively manage multiple projects at once and on tight deadlines;
(vi) Demonstrated sensitivity, imagination, and effectiveness in responding to challenging issues;
(vii) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
(viii)Excellent entrepreneurial skills;
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Director – Communications and External Relations will report to the Registrar and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop, implement, and enhance strategies and internal processes across the following functions:
○ Alumni Relations
○ Careers and Placement
- Responsible for developing the strategic fundraising plans of the University including programme development and grant
management across all research and University development projects;
- Responsible for developing and implementing the University’s Alumni Relations strategy;
- Drive alumni engagement and Fundraising participation.
- Develop and deliver a communications strategy (including branding) taking into account priorities, audience requirements,
channels, timescales and resources;
- Support and advise senior management on the delivery of internal communications;
- Plan and deliver effective and timely activity in line with each sub- function;
- Build strong professional relationships with key stakeholders – internally and externally;
- Ensure compliance with university policies and legislation in regard to digital technologies (e.g., web policy, social media
guidelines, using e-newsletters etc.).
- Coach students with careers advice, runs workshops and seminars for groups of undergraduates and postgraduates, and devises new and innovative programmes that provide hands-on experiences for students.
The application deadline has been extended to August 11, 2022 5 pm).