Call for Applications | Assistant Librarian
July 12, 2023
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from accomplished professionals for the position of Assistant Librarian. This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk work, and will report to the Chief Librarian, NLSIU.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the University’s library, ensure governance and compliance to University’s rules and procedures;
- Drive the management and facilitation of all forms of library administration and operations, including the access, records and
- Have an oversight on the course selection of faculty staff and students as well as the research areas/projects of research staff.
Assist faculty and students in locating resources for research and projects;
- Classify documents bringing out their contents in class numbers, provide reference services and documentation services to the
faculty staff, research staff and students;
- Prepare bibliographies and indexes and contribute to the educational functions of the University by providing bibliographic guidance;
- Facilitate and manage the review, classification of books, procurement of new books, according to policies and guidelines of the University;
- Monitor and supervise financial spend/reporting and audit of the library;
- Manage and respond to all queries from staff and students, attend to all library related correspondence;
- Offer efficient counselling to students and provide all necessary information and prepare required reports;
- Participate in assigned committees and development activities and administer all special projects;
- Develop new and innovative practices for the effective functioning of the library, ensuring its goals align to the mission of the University;
- Contribute to the computerisation/digitisation of the library, including the ongoing improvement of policies/systems/processes across the library for its effective functioning;
- Prepare and maintain all documentation requested by/submitted to the Vice Chancellor’s Office/Registrar’s Office;
- Travel within Bangalore and across India on University related work.