B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Master of Public Policy
BA in Political Science, Lady Shriram College, Delhi University
MA, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
MPhil, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
PhD , Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
State and Democracy
Book Manuscript (Forthcoming)
- Tentatively titled book manuscript “Properties of Rent: The Political Economy of Urban Villages in Delhi” under contract with Cambridge University Press, New Delhi.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- (Forthcoming) “Women’s Movement in Independent India: Contested Terrains, Slippery Subjects” in Sunalini Kumar ed. Engendering/Ungendering: Women, Power and Politics in India, Orient Blackswan
- 2019. “The Productive Fuzziness of Land Documents: The State and Processes of Accumulation in Urban Villages of Delhi”, Contributions to Indian Sociology 53, no.2, 249-271.
- 2018. “Building Monuments in a World Class City: Aesthetics and Politics in Contemporary Delhi”. Book chapter in Uwe Skoda and Birgit Lettmann (eds) India and its Visual Cultures: Community, Class and Gender in a Symbolic Landscape, Sage Publications
- 2016. “Accumulation by Possession: The Social Processes of Rent Seeking in Urban Delhi” Book chapter in Ranabir Samaddar, Samita Sen and Iman Kumar Mitra (eds) Accumulation in Post-Colonial Capitalism, Springer.
- 2014.“Jagmohan: The Master Planner and the Rebuilding of the City”, Special Article, Economic and Political Weekly, September 6.
- 2012 “A Nation set in Stone”: An Insight into the Politics of Statuary in Delhi (1950- 1965)”, Special Article, Economic and Political Weekly, July 28.
- (co-authored with Rajarshi Sen)“Unpacking Choice: What does Feminist Theory have to Rethink Through Nari Niketan Cases?”, Journal of Indian Law and Society, 4(30) Winter, 2012. ISSN 2277-5552
Book Reviews and Working Papers
- 2015. Working Paper, “The Regime of Registers: Land Ownership and State Planning in Urban Villages of Delhi” SOAS South Asia Institute Working Papers, 2015, Vol1, Pp.17-31
- 2014. Working Paper, “The Making of the Rentier Jat: Land, Rent and the Social Processes of Accumulation in South Delhi”, Policies and Practices 67, “Accumulation under Post- Colonial Capitalism-IV- Mobile Labour and the New Urban”, November
- 2013. Book Review Abdul Shaban’s Mumbai: Political Economy of Crime and Space, Orient Blackswan, published in 2010 for Contemporary South Asia, Volume 21, Issue 3
Non Academic Publications/Work
- Web Article, “Anxieties of ‘Dabanggai’: Tales from Delhi’s Urban Villages” in Café Dissensus, Issue 35, special issue on Masculinity/ies in Urban India, May 2017 https://cafedissensus.com/
- Podcast, “ The Unregulated Underbelly” with Dr. Vijay Raghavan, TISS Mumbai and Dr. S Anukriti, Boston College, Syntalk. https://soundcloud.com/
- Opinion Piece, “The Right Time to Speak of Housing Rights in India is Right Now”, The Wire. 22nd July 2020. https://thewire.in/urban/