B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Master of Public Policy
PhD , Centre for Political Studies,Jawaharlal Nehru University.
MPhil, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University.
MA, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University
BA in Political Science, Lady Shriram College, Delhi University
State and Democracy
Book Manuscript (Forthcoming)
- Tentatively titled book manuscript “Properties of Rent: The Political Economy of Urban Villages in Delhi” under contract with Cambridge University Press, New Delhi.
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- (Forthcoming) “Women’s Movement in Independent India: Contested Terrains, Slippery Subjects” in Sunalini Kumar ed. Engendering/Ungendering: Women, Power and Politics in India, Orient Blackswan
- 2019. “The Productive Fuzziness of Land Documents: The State and Processes of Accumulation in Urban Villages of Delhi”, Contributions to Indian Sociology 53, no.2, 249-271.
- 2018. “Building Monuments in a World Class City: Aesthetics and Politics in Contemporary Delhi”. Book chapter in Uwe Skoda and Birgit Lettmann (eds) India and its Visual Cultures: Community, Class and Gender in a Symbolic Landscape, Sage Publications
- 2016. “Accumulation by Possession: The Social Processes of Rent Seeking in Urban Delhi” Book chapter in Ranabir Samaddar, Samita Sen and Iman Kumar Mitra (eds) Accumulation in Post-Colonial Capitalism, Springer.
- 2014.“Jagmohan: The Master Planner and the Rebuilding of the City”, Special Article, Economic and Political Weekly, September 6.
- 2012 “A Nation set in Stone”: An Insight into the Politics of Statuary in Delhi (1950- 1965)”, Special Article, Economic and Political Weekly, July 28.
- (co-authored with Rajarshi Sen)“Unpacking Choice: What does Feminist Theory have to Rethink Through Nari Niketan Cases?”, Journal of Indian Law and Society, 4(30) Winter, 2012. ISSN 2277-5552
Book Reviews and Working Papers
- 2015. Working Paper, “The Regime of Registers: Land Ownership and State Planning in Urban Villages of Delhi” SOAS South Asia Institute Working Papers, 2015, Vol1, Pp.17-31
- 2014. Working Paper, “The Making of the Rentier Jat: Land, Rent and the Social Processes of Accumulation in South Delhi”, Policies and Practices 67, “Accumulation under Post- Colonial Capitalism-IV- Mobile Labour and the New Urban”, November
- 2013. Book Review Abdul Shaban’s Mumbai: Political Economy of Crime and Space, Orient Blackswan, published in 2010 for Contemporary South Asia, Volume 21, Issue 3
Non Academic Publications/Work
- Web Article, “Anxieties of ‘Dabanggai’: Tales from Delhi’s Urban Villages” in Café Dissensus, Issue 35, special issue on Masculinity/ies in Urban India, May 2017 https://cafedissensus.com/
- Podcast, “ The Unregulated Underbelly” with Dr. Vijay Raghavan, TISS Mumbai and Dr. S Anukriti, Boston College, Syntalk. https://soundcloud.com/
- Opinion Piece, “The Right Time to Speak of Housing Rights in India is Right Now”, The Wire. 22nd July 2020. https://thewire.in/urban/