5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
BA-LLB (Hons), University of Calcutta (2008-13)
LL.M (International Economic Law, Climate Change Law & Policy), Centre for Commercial Law Studies, Queen Mary University of London (2013-14)
Ph.D. in Law and Cli-fi Literature of Climate Change, University of Westminster (Ongoing)
Bijetri Roy is the Managing Director & Chief Strategy Officer of her research and policy start-up, Institute for Pioneering Insightful Research & Edutech Pvt Ltd (InsPIRE) where she also spearheads the Climate Change Research, Consultancy & Advisory (CCRCA) vertical. As a part of her initiative, she is also the founder and Editor in-Chief of Inspire Spectrum Digital Magazine.
Prior to her entrepreneurial and research journey from the end of 2020, Bijetri worked at EBC Learning as a legal content and edutech professional for 2 years, before which she briefly taught banking law at a private law school in Delhi NCR for around a year. As somebody curious about the various aspects of the socio-legal-economic fields, she gained extensive experience as a Banking and Finance Lawyer for around 4 years when she began her career in 2014.
Apart from her academic and professional pursuits, Bijetri is an avid reader and a fiction writer in the genre of sci-fi and thrillers.
- Edited Book: India’s Agriculture and Food Exports: Opportunities and Challenges | Editors: Dr. Debesh Roy and Bijetri Roy, Bloomsbury (2022), New Delhi (forthcoming)
- Roy, Debesh and Bijetri Roy (2022). Introduction, in Dr. Debesh Roy and Bijetri Roy (Eds) India’s Agriculture and Food Exports: Opportunities and Challenges. Bloomsbury, New Delhi (forthcoming)
- Roy, Debesh and Bijetri Roy (2022). Attaining US$100 Billion Agriculture and Food Exports: The Way Forward, in Dr. Debesh Roy and Bijetri Roy (Eds) India’s Agriculture and Food Exports: Opportunities and Challenges. Bloomsbury, New Delhi (forthcoming)
- Bijetri Roy (2022). Trade Laws and Climate Change: Addressing Climate Change under World Trade Organization (WTO), in Judicial Responses to Climate Change: An Overview of the Global South (forthcoming book by an international environment organization based in Germany).
- Bijetri Roy (2022). Economics, Law and Policy of Climate Change (forthcoming book as an editor and writer)
- Roy, B. (2019). Shadow Banking in India in relation to the IL&FS Crisis. Journal of Banking and Insurance Law, 1(2), 1–6