5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Master's Programme in Public Policy
B.A. (Hons) Persian, Jawaharlal Nehru University
M.A in Sociology, Pondicherry University
M. Phil in Sociology, Pondicherry University
PhD, Sociology, Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Madras
Dr. Aniket Nandan is a sociologist by training and his research interests are focussed on socio-political investigations of associational life of caste groups which also display a fascinating intersection of caste, class, and religion. His present research aims to delineate the processes, shifts, transformations, and the convergences between the structure-agency while engaging with the questions of caste and religions’ influence on modern-secular democracy.
- A. Nandan and Santhosh .R. (2020), “Associational Structures and Beyond: Evolution and Contemporary Articulations of Bhumihar Caste Associations in Bihar, India”, Journal of Historical Sociology, Wiley Publications, London. (Vol 33 issue 4, pp 665-680)
- A. Nandan and Santhosh. R., (2019), “Exploring the changing forms of caste-violence: A Study on Bhumihars in Bihar, India”, European Journal of Cultural and Political Sociology, Taylor&Francis, Vol. 6 issue 4, ISSN: 2325-4823 (Print) 2325-4815 (Online).
- A. Nandan, (2018), “Revival of Hindu Nationalism: Interplay of Religion and Caste in Contemporary India”, Athens Journal of Social Science, (Vol.5, Issue 4), e-ISSN: 2241-7737.
- A. Nandan, (2014), “Contours of Indian Federalism”, The Hindustan Review: An International Journal of BCARDS, (Vol.60), ISSN 0972-1894.
- A. Nandan, (2018), “Constructing images and asserting identities: Impact of Rallies as media in electoral democracy”, in S. Sangeeta, Shushila. S. and Anupam. Y (eds.), Media, Culture and Ethics, Macmillan Publishers Ltd. India, New Delhi. ISBN: 938768719-8.
Ajantha Subramanian. 2019. The Caste of Merit: Engineering Education in India. Harvard University Press. 384 pp. in Review of Development and Change, New Delhi, Sage. (Vol 25, issue 2, pp 273-275).