5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
- L.L.B. (5 yrs), Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Law College, RSTM University of Nagpur
- L.L.M with specialization in Constitution & Administrative Law, Post Graduate Dept. of Law, RSTM University of Nagpur
- Ph.D. in Law, RSTM University, Nagpur
Dr. Sanjay Shrikant Jain has teaching experience of 25 years across institutions including the Postgraduate Department of Law, University of Nagpur; Savitribai Phule Pune University; Bharti Vidyapith’s New Law College, Pune; MP Law College, Aurangabad; and most recently the ILS Law college, Pune where he taught for 14 years and also held additional charge as Principal from 2020-2022.
Dr. Jain self-identifies as totally blind since birth and is passionate about disability rights. In 2004, he received the National Award in the ‘Employee Category,’ instituted by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, from former President of India, Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam.
Recently, his scholarships have been cited by Hon. Justice D Y Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India in (i) Vikash Kumar v Union of India Feb 2021, which held that an individual suffering from dysgraphia or writer’s cramp is entitled to a scribe in the Civil Services Examination; and (ii) The State of Jharkhand V Brahmputra Met. Ltd. Dec 2020.
- Author, V.D. Mahajan’s Constitutional Law Of India, Eastern Book Company, 2023
- Author (Book Chapter), Jain, S. (2023). Models of Disability and Judicial Interpretation in India. In: Rioux, M.H., Viera, J., Buettgen, A., Zubrow, E. (eds) Handbook of Disability. Springer, Singapore.
- Editor, Critical Essays on Disability Rights Jurisprudence ‘Combating Exclusion, Embracing Inclusion’ Bloomsbury 2022
- Editor, ‘Public Law Bulletin’ Volume 1-XVIII (August 2018- January 2021), Written ‘Introduction’ to Volume IV, V, VI and VII. ILS Law College Pune 2018-19
- Editor, ILS Law Review VOL IV 2011 On the theme “ Unenumerated Rights” ILS Law College Pune 2011
- Co-editor, ” Basic Structure Constitutionalism: Revisiting Kesavananda Bharati” forward by Former CJ of India and present Chairperson of NHRC India, Hon. Shri K.G. Balkrishnan Eastern Law Book Company , Lucknow 2011.
- Sub editor , ILS Law Review VOL III 2010 ,On the theme “ Human Rights” ILS Law College Pune
- Co-author, Marathi Book on the theme of “Laws relating to women,” under a project of Govt. of Maharashtra By YASDA, Pune Co-authored by Adv. Sakshi Jain YASHDA, Pune 2008
- Co-author, “Human Rights: implementation and monitoring Institutions” Co-authored by Prof. Shirish Deshpande; edited the Marathi translation of the same book YCMOU, Nasik 2006
- Co-author, two short books on child labour in Marathi & English (brief survey of constitutional & legal provisions for the regulation of child labour) Yashda, Pune 2006
Recent articles in the press:
- Dr. Sanjay Jain and Malika Jain, Supreme Court on the Political Upheaval in Maharashtra, SC Observer, May 12, 2023
- Dr. Sanjay Jain, Disability and caste bias: A shared struggle, March 19, 2023
- Dr. Sanjay Jain and Rahul Bajaj, Right Outcome, Wrong Remedy: Why SC’s ECI Judgment Deserves Support and Criticism, The Wire, March 13, 2023
Blog & Website publications:
- Unpacking the Obligation to Provide Reasonable Accommodation to Persons with Disabilities — Guest Post
- Debating the NJAC: The Philosophy of Revival (Guest Post)
- Women and the Constituent Assembly – I
- Women and the Constituent Assembly –II
- Dr Sanjay Jain and Dr. Shirish Deshpande “How Legitimate are the Legitimate Expectations? On adminlawblogorg
- Non-abyssal and Ableist Indian Supreme Court: The Abyssal Exclusion of Person with Disabilities
- USPs of the Supreme Court’s judgment in Vikash Kumar: Some reflections
- Installing Reasonable Accommodation as part of Equality in India
- Vikash Kumar Discourse: A Missed Opportunity in the Realm of Policy Formation
- “The Transformation of People with Disabilities” PAX Lunmina Vol 2 Issue 6
- Sui Generis Nature of the Indian Basic Structure Doctrine – A Response to Monika Polzin
- Comparing disability cause Lawyering in India and United States
The list of articles authored/co-authored by Dr. Sanjay Jain can be accessed here.