Call for Applications | Associate – Communications Office
July 27, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for a full-time Associate for the University’s Communications Office for a period of one year.
About the Role
This is a full-time role based out of the NLSIU campus in Bengaluru. The Associate will work closely with the Manager – Communications to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications plans, including outreach, campus events and social media.
- Coordinate and implement communication activities to ensure all academic/research/c0-curricular activities are represented in an accurate, relevant and timely manner.
- Play a key role in content creation for various channels of communication.
Role and responsibilities
- Assist with all internal and external communications for the University;
- Create high-quality content for various channels of communication, including website, newsletters, social media platforms and media outreach;
- Help coordinate with various internal stakeholders like research centres, People and Culture Office, Alumni Office, University Development Office, etc. for curating content, generating new ideas and dissemination of University updates as they happen;
- Coordinate and manage outputs from external stakeholders, including web developers, designers, photographers etc.;
- Assisting with the development and implementation of communications plans for specific projects, including outreach, events, and social media
- Help ensure research activities are represented in an accurate, relevant and timely manner;
- Track and manage analytics of all communication platforms;
- Monitor the University’s social media and online presence;
- Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner including coordinating with the press/media
Who should apply?
Candidates who have:
- 3-6 years of work experience in journalism or communications or a related professional setting.
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree in Journalism, English, Mass Communications, Public Relations or related discipline; or a degree in law. Candidates with a master’s degree and relevant working experience may be preferred.
- Excellent writing and communication skills (a sole-authored writing sample will be required).
- Experience with building and maintaining social media presence.
- Candidates who are detail oriented, with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Candidates with skills related to design and online communication tools will be preferred.
- Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, and detail oriented
Salary will be commensurate to the candidate’s educational background, qualifications, and relevant experience.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by filling out the form here before August 10, 2023 (5 pm). As this is an immediate requirement, candidates are encouraged to apply early.