Call for Applications | Recruiter – People and Culture Office
October 31, 2023
NLSIU invites applications for a full-time Recruiter for the University’s People and Culture Office, for a period of one year (extendable).
About the Role
The Recruiter will work closely with the People and Culture Office to ensure that recruitment across the University departments is managed effectively and efficiently. This is a full-time role based out of the NLSIU campus in Bengaluru. The role does not support remote working.
1. Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process for the University with a focus on process, consistency, and scalability.
2. Works with the University’s departments/centres in the capacity of a people business partner and understands their hiring requirements.
3. Identifies future hiring needs and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and specifications.
4. Assists with job posting and advertising processes. Attracts suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
5. Screens applications to select/shortlist qualified candidates.
6. Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting interviews with managers, faculty, and other stakeholders.
7. Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
8. Anchors necessary paperwork for new hires.
9. Provides timely recruitment reports to the team manager.
10. Analyses trends and key HR metrics for all departments and centres.
11. Responds to recruitment and onboarding-related emails/issues in a timely manner.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Essential – Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or any related discipline with minimum of 55% aggregate marks.
Desirable – Master’s degree/Post-graduate diploma in Human Resources/Social Work/Business Management or a related discipline.
Essential – at least 2 years of overall work experience. Experience in the HR domain is preferred.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong execution rigor and operational skills.
Strong presentation and time management skills.
Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date records of recruitment activities and manage multiple recruitment processes simultaneously.
Ability to analyze data – comfort with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure
Ability to work effectively and constructively as part of a team.
Salary will be commensurate to the candidate’s educational background, qualifications, and relevant experience.
NLSIU is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our institution.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply by filling out this Google form. The application deadline has been extended till November 22, 2023 (5 pm).