Invitation to teach Elective Courses at NLSIU | November 2021
September 22, 2021
NLSIU invites interested faculty to offer Elective Courses for the upcoming term from November 8, 2021 to February 2, 2022. As COVID pandemic conditions persist, these elective courses will be delivered in hybrid mode. An elective course at NLSIU requires 40 hours of classroom engagement. These courses may be delivered in two formats:
- A. Full Term Elective with 40 hours of classroom engagement spread across 10 weeks (November 8, 2021 to February 2, 2022); OR
- B. Intensive Elective with 40 hours of classroom engagement, with 4 hours each day for 10 days (December 6, 2021 – December 16, 2021).
‘Hybrid mode’ means that while most of the classes will be conducted online, Full Time Elective Faculty as well as Intensive Elective Faculty need to be present on the campus to interact with students for five days during the term. The University will support travel and accommodation after mutual discussion.
Elective Courses vary in their focus and pedagogy. Three types of Elective Courses are common at NLSIU:
- Taught Course (predominantly lecture/discussion based, with an exam);
- Research Course (focused on review of primary and secondary research leading to a Term Paper);
- Practice or Clinical Course (focused on field work, simulation, drafting or litigation exercises examined through the clinical methods).
Faculty must invariably possess a graduate and post-graduate degree in law or the Social Sciences. Alternatively, they may have at least 7 years of post-qualification experience in legal practice. Faculty who have published widely in their fields of expertise are preferred.
To apply, kindly fill out the form here. The last date to submit the form is October 10, 2021.