Call for Applications | Manager – Academic Administration
October 25, 2022
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is committed to building on its legacy to become a leading Asian and Global law school in the next decade. The University accordingly invites online applications from dynamic and accomplished professionals for the full-time post based in Bangalore of Manager – Academic Administration.
Post: Manager – Academic Administration (02 vacancies)
Tenure: Permanent basis till the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years, subject to confirmation after the satisfactory completion of one year’s probation.
Essential Experience and Skills
(i) 5-8 years of experience in an administrative or operations role.
(ii) Prior experience in working in an academic setting and on an ERP and LMS or similar tools.
(iii) Excellent analytical skills, collation skills, communication skills (written and oral), technical skills and time-
(iv) Self-driven and collaborative.
(v) Must have the ability to work independently and provide attention to detail, and be data-driven.
(vi) Excellent proficiency in ERP, MS Office, Gmail, Google Documents and Google Sheets.
(vii) Excellent ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
(viii) Must take full ownership of assigned projects and work independently.
(ix) Excellent ability to work effectively and constructively as part of a team.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Manager – Academic Administration will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- To manage all the end-to-end academic processes for the University and work closely with faculty to assist in course delivery in physical and online modes.
- Academic planning before and during semesters as follows:
o Create list of courses to be taught each semester.
o Assign instructors in consultation with faculty group coordinators.
o Communicate list of courses and instructors in time for the creation of time tables.
o Ensure that course design is initiated and completed on time.
o Maintain an up-to-date repository of course and curriculum documents.
o Communicate with faculty about grading, deadlines and ensure that grading is accurate, completed and declared on time.
- To manage the University academic time-table.
- To effectively manage all the end-to-end academic processes for the University.
- To manage end-to-end examination workflow (question paper verification, timetables, answer scripts management, grade publishing) in a timely manner.
- To support the assessment and grading process.
- To help and support the Convocation process.
- To manage the admissions process including on-boarding selected students onto the ERP system.
- To be responsible for the management and analysis of attendance.
- To support the process of advertisement, applications, and allocations and uploading of courses onto the LMS for Elective Courses every trimester.
- To manage the day to day ‘MIS’ and other reporting mechanisms.
- To effectively contribute to University-wide developments in curriculum timetabling systems and procedures.
- To co-ordinate NAAC and NIRF related activities.
- Query management & Helpdesk responsibilities.