NLSIU Relaunches the National Law School Journal (NLSJ)
September 18, 2022
We are thrilled to announce the relaunch of the National Law School Journal (NLSJ), the flagship faculty-led journal of NLSIU, with a new website and a special commemorative issue. Published since 1989, NLSJ has a rich archive that is home to scholarly works by authors across academia and practice, the bar and the bench, both within and beyond India. You can access all our past issues here.
Founded in 1989, NLSJ has always been committed to producing useful and accessible scholarship of the highest quality. In its latest Editorial, the newly constituted Editorial Board reflects on its contemporary mandate and steps to strengthen it. Read more here.
The journal’s relaunch in 2022 marked some important changes:
- The online edition of NLSJ is open-access. This is crucial to our mission of ensuring the widest possible engagement with a broad range of questions related to law, legality, and legal systems—both within and outside scholarly and research communities.
- Founded as a print subscription-based journal, NLSJ is being relaunched in an online format along with its print version. Our new website, hosted within the NLSIU Scholarship Repository, enables easy access to the journal’s archive.
- Importantly, the online edition of the journal is open-access. This is crucial to our mission of ensuring the widest possible readership and engagement with a broad range of questions related to law, legality, and legal systems—both within and outside scholarly and research communities.
- The journal has adopted an online submission and peer review system, powered by Digital Commons. Authors and reviewers will benefit from a user-friendly and efficient interface that promises smooth submission and review processes. This will also help reduce our submission to publication timelines. Moreover, articles will now be published online ahead of the print issue.
- The journal is already indexed in Google Scholar and UGC-CARE, the Indian University Grants Commission’s reference list of quality journals. Building on NLSJ’s prestigious reputation, we hope to enhance its readership and thereby impact. The introduction of Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) is one such step. We are in the process of having the journal included in databases like Scopus and Web of Science.
Visit the new NLSJ Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/nlsj_nlsiu