NLSIU welcomes students, faculty, staff and visitors with disabilities, and works to ensure an accessible, welcoming working and learning environment for them. Here are some measures undertaken by NLSIU to ensure accessibility to persons with disabilities (Divyangjans):
- Separate sitting arrangement for persons with disabilities on ground floor with accessible approach for all competitive examinations by UPSC/SSC/CBSE and for other academic programmes for Engineering and Professional Courses.
- All spaces are accessible including Library.
- Accessible rooms are provided in hostels.
- Lift facility and ramps in the Academic block and Library.
- Modules on Disability are covered in courses like- Family Law, Criminal Law, Gender, Human Rights etc.
- Learning Management System (LMS) is available for students, facilitated by use of Braille software for visually impaired students.
|Items / Facilities||No. of Beneficiaries|
|Provision for lift||All can use the lift|
|Ramp/ Rails||All can use the ramp|
|Braille Software/facilities||Nil-Software preferences|
|Scribes for examination||As per requirement|
|Special skill development for differently-abled students||Training on use of resources for research|