5-Year B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
B.A.LL.B. (Hons.), NLSIU – 2010
Vikram Hegde has been a dispute resolution lawyer for more than a decade. In this time, he has been representing clients whose profile ranges from daily wage workers, NGOs, political parties, multinational corporate giants to government bodies.
He brings with him insights gained from practicing before diverse fora starting from trial courts in all parts of Karnataka and Delhi, various High Courts, specialized tribunals, and commissions to the Supreme Court of India where he is an Advocate on Record.
He also advises various bodies and associations on their constitutional rights. Several companies count on his counsel for their most important transactions.
His academic engagement is part of his quest for skills and tools necessary for lawyers of the future.
Use of plain language in law, legislation, and legal drafting.
Linguistic rights, federalism, and special regional rights under the constitution
Select Articles/Op-Eds | National Media (Print/Digital)
- The Hindu, A judgment that must be taken in the right spirit, 29th July 2021.
- Times of India, Why People Slapped With UAPA are not Getting Bail, 17th June 2021.
- The Mint, Jayalalithaa’s Second Pongal Explained: Why HC Said her riches weren’t illegal, 12th May 2015.
- Times of India, Will the CJI banish sealed covers to ensure a fair trial? 25th March, 2022.
- Bloomberg Quint, Decriminalizing Multi-Level Marketing, The need for nuance, 27th June 2020.
- Bloomberg Quint, The Year That Was, in the Supreme Court of India 30th December 2017.
- The Quint, Economically Weak Upper-Caste Quota: Will Voters Believe the Sham? 11th January 2019.
- Scroll, Why the creamy layer test for SC/ST promotions may be more harmful than using it for recruitment, 8th October 2018.
- Firstpost, SC stays implementation of farm laws: Right action but not for the right reasons, 12th January 2021.
- Firstpost, SC’s Shaheen Bagh judgment represents genuine attempt to engage with diversity of protest, 8th October 2020.
- Vishwawani, ಸಾಮಾಜಿಕ ಜಾಲತಾಣಕ್ಕೂ ಬ೦ದೀತು ಮಾನನಷ್ಟ ಮೊಕದ್ದಮೆ, (Defamation suits coming to social media sites?) 17th May 2016.
- Bar and Bench, Writ of Certiorari: New take on one of the Oldest Devices of the Law, 25th September 2019.
- Bar and Bench, Why the Writ of Mandamus declined in 19th century UK, but flourishes in 21st century India, 6th April, 2022.
- Bar and Bench, Where does the writ of a High Court run? Questions on Jurisdiction, 6th April 2020.
- Bar and Bench, Facebook judgment: A peek into how courts are likely to deal with government attempts to regulate social media, 11th July 2021.
- The Leaflet, Indian English, legal English and legal Indian English, 17th November 2021.
- The Leaflet, Indianisation of the Justice Delivery System, 27 September 2021.
- The Leaflet, Plain Languages in a complex country 26 January, 2022.
Magazine of Mysore Chapter of Indian Company Secretaries Institute – Monthly columns since March 2017.