Call for Applications | Alumni Officer
November 10, 2022
The University invites online applications from dynamic and accomplished professionals for the full-time post based in Bangalore of Alumni Officer. The Office of Alumni Services at the National Law School of India University is responsible for maintaining a continuous relationship between the University and its former students, and helps create a sense of belonging among the alumni community. The Alumni Officer will report to the Communications and External Relations Officer and the Vice-Chancellor.
Tenure: Permanent basis till the age of superannuation i.e. 60 years, subject to confirmation after the satisfactory completion of one year’s probation.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Alumni Officer will be responsible for undertaking the following tasks:
- To be responsible, in consultation with the Vice Chancellor and Registrar and other relevant individuals, for developing and implementing the University’s Alumni Relations strategy.
- Develops, coordinates and evaluates programs and projects to promote alumni relations and educational programs designed to connect alumni through academic channels such as programs/departments/schools/colleges.
- To be responsible, in consultation with the Vice Chancellor and Registrar, for developing the Alumni Relations budget and tailoring the Alumni Relations programme to the available resources and monitoring expense against that budget.
- Plans, coordinates, and attends events, meetings, or other activities as requested by academic units. This may also include alumni and volunteer recognition banquets, receptions, homecoming, and reunions.
- Identifies, cultivates, and stewards alumni and volunteers. Helps current volunteer leadership to identify potential new volunteers and future leadership.
- Coordinates and produces reports, proposals, and analyses for management, to include monthly budget to actual reviews of areas of programmatic responsibility, periodic reports to reflect relevant data gathering and analysis, and post-event reports and recommendations.
- Develops, sustains, and strengthens alumni chapters which focus is on establishing and maintaining connections through academic/degree programmes.
- Collaborates with other office staff on programs which engage alumni through multiple channels such as academic program and geographic location combined.
- Collaborates with appropriate staff to share information on events and alumni engagement opportunities.
- Develops and presents educational programs for alumni, including lectures, seminars, and workshops.
- Operates an alumni magazine/newsletter.
- Coordinates and trains volunteers who work on events, projects and programs.
- Represents the organization at various community and/or business meetings, committees, and task forces; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Serves on committees relating to alumni relations, and serves as liaison between NLSIU and the community.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Last date for submission of the application is 24th November, 2022 (5 PM).