B.A, LL.B. (Hons)
Labour Law I
Labour Law II
Alternate Dispute Resolution
Ph.D. (2000) Mysore University
M.Phil. (1993) NLSIU
LL.M. (1989) Bangalore University 1st Rank with two Gold Medals
LL.B. (1987) Gulbarga University
M.A. (1984) (Political Science) Karnataka University, Dharwad
B.A. (1980) Bangalore University
Research and Other Activities
- Lecturer in Law at Havanur College of Law, Bangalore, during 1989-1992, he was appointed as Assistant Professor of Law at the Law School in 1992, as Associate Professor of Law in 1997, as Additional Professor of Law in 2000 and as Professor of Law in 2006. He was also the Coordinator of the Centre for The Institute of Law and Ethics in Medicine (TILEM) at the Law School and was in charge of the Legal Services Clinic of NLSIU. Presently he is ADR Chair Professor.
- He was a Research Scholar at Vanderbilt Law School, USA, during 1994 and at Warwick University, UK, during 1997.
- He was Chairman, Under-Graduate Council, during 1999-2001 and 2006-07, and Chairman, Post Graduate Council, during 2005-2006.
- He served as Registrar, NLSIU from 8th September, 2008 till 14th March, 2013.
- He was the Vice-Chancellor, National Law University Odisha, Cuttack from 15-03-2013 to 05-06-2014.