Call For Applications | Academic Fellow – NLSIU’s Fellowship Programme
December 17, 2021
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) was established in 1987 to be a pioneer in legal education. Over the last three decades the University has consistently been the undoubted leader in legal education and research in India and has been ranked First among Law Universities in the National Institute Ranking Framework for the last three years.
NLSIU announces a 2-year full-time Fellowship Programme aimed at graduates and post-graduates from law, social sciences, humanities and allied fields who are preparing to enter law practice or academic careers in law, public policy or the social sciences.
The Fellowship programme will allow Fellows to:
- Assist NLSIU faculty on research projects and policy interventions
- Support faculty in the delivery of both on-campus and off-campus academic programmes.
The University invites online applications for the position of Academic Fellow on a Contract Basis.
For further details, please read the official notification here.
Please note that the deadline for the programme has been extended to January 14, 2022. The corrigendum regarding the extension of the deadline is attached here.
To apply, click here.
– A graduate in law/social sciences with a strong academic record and demonstrable evidence of research and publishing.
– A graduate with 2-3 years of post-qualification experience who is keen to explore an academic career.
– A candidate with a strong graduate and post-graduate degree interested in taking their first steps into an academic career.
– A candidate with a graduate degree and 4 to 7 years of post-qualification experience in a law firm, as in-house counsel, or as a litigator, who is keen to explore an academic sabbatical/career.
Academic Fellows will be appointed as “Junior Academic Fellow” or “Senior Academic Fellow” depending on their qualification and relevant experience.
The role is based in the National Law School of India University (NLSIU) campus at Bangalore. The role does not support remote or hybrid working.
No. The Academic Fellowship is a 2-year full-time appointment.
We encourage selected candidates to join as early as possible and certainly before April 1st, 2022.
At the moment we are not considering students in their final semester. However, we encourage you to check our website and social media handles for opportunities in the future.
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Academic Fellows will be entitled to leave as per the NLSIU Regulations. Fellows will also be covered under the Group Health Insurance Plan. Additionally, NLSIU can provide accommodation on campus on request.