Call for Applications | Consultant – School Review Commission
June 15, 2023
NLSIU invites applications (on a rolling basis) for a 1-year full-time engagement as ‘Consultant – School Review Commission’.
About the Role
The National Law School of India Act, 1986 contemplates that the Chancellor of the University shall constitute a School Review Commission to undertake a comprehensive review of the University’s functioning.
The consultant will work closely with the Commission, once appointed. This is a full-time role, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore. This role will report to the Chairperson of the Commission and the Vice Chancellor.
Role and responsibilities
1. Establish and maintain a secretariat to support the work of the statutory School Review Commission.
2. Handling administrative responsibilities under the project, including liaising between the Commission and the University.
3. Attending the Commission’s meetings, preparing minutes of meetings, progress reports and or managing other reporting needs.
4. Preparing for, organising, and conducting meetings with identified key stakeholders. Liaising for feedback (where necessary).
5. Curating and reviewing relevant materials including historical reports and applicable regulations.
6. Collating questionnaires and follow-on information requests from the Commission members.
7. Writing notes, research reports and press releases. Revising drafts based on inputs. Assisting the Commission with preparation of their final report.
9. Conducting research on identified issues analysis, of legal questions and stakeholder interests.
10. Handling administrative responsibilities under the project, including maintaining files and records of the Commission and the University, general correspondence, and liaisoning with other University officials.
11. Undertaking any other work necessary to effectively discharge the Commission’s mandate.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Law/ related discipline from a recognised University.
- 5-7 years of work experience in an academic or professional setting with demonstrable evidence of research and writing ability (sole-authored writing sample will be required).
- Strong, foundational understanding of the domain studied at the graduate (and if applicable, post-graduate) level.
- Analytical skills, collation skills, communication skills (written and oral), technical skills, time-management skills.
- Self-driven, collaborative as well as the ability to work independently, attention to detail, data driven.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Gmail, Google Documents and Google Sheet.
- Detail oriented project management of professional and research projects.
- Experience working with teams remotely.
- Candidates with a master’s degree and relevant working experience will be preferred.
- Candidates who have experience in undertaking report writing will be preferred.
Salary will be commensurate to the candidate’s educational background, qualifications, and relevant experience.
How to apply
- Interested candidates may apply by filling out the form here.
- This is an immediate requirement and will be filled on a rolling basis as soon as a suitable candidate is available.