All residents are required to adhere to certain codes of conduct to ensure peace and harmony on campus. The residents are not permitted to leave campus without permission and are not allowed to stay outside their Halls of Residence after specified hours.
The NLSIU Act places the responsibility to maintain discipline among the students on the Vice-Chancellor and vests in him all necessary powers and authority for that purpose. To discharge this responsibility, the Vice-Chancellor has constituted the Disciplinary matters Advisory Review and Investigation Committee (DARIC) which is responsible for conducting enquiries into any complaint of violation of the Code of Conduct of NLSIU. Read the NLSIU Code of Conduct.
DARIC Committee Members:
Dr. Yashomathi Ghosh – Chairperson
Dr. Sony Pellissery – Member
Ms. Sanyukta Chowdhury – Member
As per the Code of Conduct, the following actions constitute as Misconduct on campus. To complain, please write to registrar(at)nls.ac.in.
- Minor disruption or disturbance of University work or activities
- Lack of respect and courtesy towards the community and individual members of the community
- Behaviour that is injurious to others
- Failure to observe University Regulations
- Abetment of Minor Misconduct
- Conduct that causes serious physical or emotional harm to any person, whether or not a member of the University community.
- Conduct that seriously and materially harms the University. its goals. its work. its ethical standards or its leaning environment.
- Conduct hazardous to human health, safety and well being including smoking, consumption or possession of alcohol and substances on campus.
- Repeatedly committing minor misconduct on more than four occasions during the student’s time in NLSIU.
- Abetment of Major Misconduct.