The main objective of the committee is to develop and manage the NLSIU campus along with organizing certain events. The Committee is committed to making the NLSIU campus a better place for students by enhancing the quality of their life spent at law school.
All eateries on the campus (including the college canteen) are regulated by CDMC. CDMC also maintains a sanitary napkin dispenser in the women’s washroom of the academic block. It also holds movie screenings and live match screenings of important sports events along with festival celebrations like Holi, Diwali, Lohri, etc. It helps organise LeGala, an inter-collegiate event, along with CulComm and EMC. From this academic year, the committee has taken under its mandate the maintenance of AIR book cafe, which was the brain child of Aman Saxena, an alumnus, a former CDMC convenor, and SBA president. The committee also maintains a swanky graffiti-filled, cushion-strewn, television-equipped, indoor sports equipment-containing the SBA common room.
- The committee, in co-ordination with few students of NLS, is organising a donation drive for ‘Goonj’, an NGO.
- Organizes board games night and invites stand-up comedians to perform in law school.
- Organizes blood donation camp and the free eye check-up camp in the campus, for all the students, faculty and staff.
- The committee owns multiple bicycles which it provides on a monthly basis to cater to the fitness and transport needs of the students.
- The committee plans to set up a co-operative style library stocked from floor to ceiling with the good, bad and ugly of literature, both fiction and non-fiction.
Plans for AY 2020-21
The pandemic has brought about unanticipated challenges. In such a scenario AIR café and board games which poses high risk of infection due to increased physical interaction needs to be re-imagined quite differently. Hence, we will chart out certain modes of enjoying these facilities. We will keep packets of hand gloves and sanitizer at AIR café and common room. We are also planning to organize few events like poetry and stand-up comedies on a small scale. We have started a discussion on making the campus friendly to differently-abled persons. We will be negotiating with the administration to redesign certain segments of campus to make it more accessible for them.
The committee inducts a bunch of students who are enthusiastic about developing the campus and endeavor to make it the best place for their peers. The selection is done through a transparent process which includes points ranging from participation in events at campus, events organized by CDMC, and an interview.
Committee heads & members:
- Jatin Lalwani (Convenor)
- Bhaskar Kumar (Joint-convenor)
- Manas Agarwal
- Prince Chandak
- Tanay Kaushal
- Shrey Singh
- Thejes N
- Anurag Tiwari
- Tushar Agarwal