The University has established principles and procedures to combat Sexual Harassment, referred to as the ‘Code to Combat Sexual Harassment.’ In compliance with the requirements of the Supreme Court of India and the University Grants Commission, Sexual Harassment on Campus is condemned and will be suitably punished as laid down in the Code to Combat Sexual Harassment adopted by the University in September, 2002. Read the revised Code to Combat Sexual Harassment.
What constitutes as Sexual Harassment?
Under the Code, Sexual Harassment is defined as ‘Unwelcome Sexual Conduct’ which includes:
- Any unwelcome sexual advances,
- Unwelcome acts of physical intimacy,
- Unwelcome requests for sexual favours including oral, textual, graphic representations of a sexual nature to a person, in the person’s presence or about the person.
To facilitate inquiry and address the grievances arising from the violation of this Code, the Vice Chancellor has constituted the Sexual Harassment Inquiry Committee (SHARIC) to deal with such matters. In accordance with Section 8 of the Code to Combat Sexual Harassment, the Sexual Harassment Inquiry Committee is reconstituted with the following members.
Under the Code to Combat Sexual Harassment 2019, and POSH Act, 2013, the Sexual Harassment and Inquiry Committee has been reconstituted as below:
- Dr. Rinku Lamba, Associate Professor, CSSIEP – Chairperson
- Mr. Kunal Ambasta, Assistant Professor of Law
- Dr. Madhubanti Sadhya, Assistant Professor of Law
- Mr. Madhu K.S., Assistant Librarian
- Ms. Veena Krishnan, External Member
- Student Representative – Ms. Ayushi Jain, II Year, LL.B. (Hons.)
Facilitators (Researchers/Administration/ Faculty):
- Debangana Chatterjee, Assistant Professor (Social Sciences)
- Ishika Saxena, Academic Fellow
- Sharon Singh, Project Associate and PhD Scholar
Ms. Aparajita Lath, Assistant Professor, is the Sexual Harassment Policy Advisor (SHPA) for AY 2023-24.
View the official notification here.